Happy City NL | guiding the city
– Stedelijke ontwikkeling, gezonde, gelukkige, florerende stad, fiets-, loop-, beweeg-, speel- en sportstad.
– Stads-, gebieds- en economische geografie, fiets- en stadsgidsen.
– Stadsvisie, kansenkaarten, concept- en planontwikkeling, stadslabs.
– Gebieds-, route-, locatie- en vastgoedontwikkeling, stadmaken.
– Informatie, communicatie, publicatie, presentatie, excursie, expositie, evenementen.
“One need never leave the confines of New York to get all the greenery one wishes—I can’t even enjoy a blade of grass unless I know there’s a subway handy, or a record store or some other sign that people do not totally regret life.”
– Frank O’Hara, Meditations in an Emergency, 1957
“We believe that when people choose the bicycle for everyday life it can have a transformational effect and that this simple tool holds the key to improved wellbeing and prosperity for citizens, cities, and the planet.”
– BYCS, mission statement, 2022
“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and can coast down them …. Thus you remember them as they actually are ….”
– Ernest Hemingway, Selected Articles, 1967
“Yet the gross national product does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country, it measures everything in short, except that which makes life worthwhile.”
– Robert F. Kennedy, University of Kansas, 1968